10 THINGS ABOUT ME
Considering I just started this blog a few days ago, It would be inappropriate to simply launch into the blog life without doing the basics – an introduction of myself, the author. Below are 10 things I want you to know about me, from this list I hope I can bump into like-minded folks!
- I was born on April 20, 1998. That makes me 19 as I post this. Yep, I became a 19 year old 6 days ago!
- I’m a very shy person, and tend to do more intense listening as opposed to talking. The best thing though, is that when I am comfortable with someone then I can become an ‘extrovert’. However, If I am by myself in a crowded place full of strangers, it kinda makes me anxious. This can be misread as being a “snob” sometimes.
- I am currently studying Law, my first degree. Liking it, though I get scared when I hear stories of the law school experience! Black & white all the way!
- My favourite colour is blue, and I am very specific about the shade. It ranges from navy blue to baby blue depending on my mood. I guess you can say this attracts me to certain websites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress etc.
- I LOVE fashion & everything to do with clothes –however, I’m not referring to everything off the runway. I have a preference for comfortable, every day clothing. I could spend hours on places like Pinterest looking at photos of how clothes are styled. A weird thing however, is that sometimes this love for fashion doesn’t translate to real life. That is, I can spend hours looking at the trendiest things but then still opt for my often “deeper life” appearance. I’m quite conservative. P.S. I am obsessed with thrift shopping. I also did a 3 month sewing course last year. I’ll do a post on that experience soon!
- I don’t like wearing sleeveless things. I don’t know why, but I have a habit of wearing long sleeves, especially sweaters/cardigans even in the hottest weather. This had to change when the Nigerian humidity slapped me in the face.
- I don’t wear earrings – I attribute this to the fact that a long time ago when I was younger, I wore earrings and then I guess they were quite heavy so now one of my ears looks like it wants to cut. When I do try to wear earrings, I end up losing them somehow. I’m hoping to change this, and embrace earrings as well as other accessories more!
- When it comes to soups e.g. pepper soup or soups used for swallow such as Egusi, I prefer having more soup than meat. In fact, I can eat food without meat. It annoys me to no end when a pot of soup has more meat than the actual soup! More soup is better than more meat any day, every day!
- I am obsessed with stationery and anything that gives me the illusion that I am getting my life together. Pens, highlighters, those brightly coloured bookmark stickers – definitely look out for posts on stationery!
- Jollof is king. Especially the smoky jollof rice served at parties. Thus, my favourite food is jollof rice!