The Desired Break
Ah, I’m writing this with a calmness in my heart. Exam period is finally over. It was quite an interesting two weeks, as what was meant to take 8 days turned into 2 whole weeks. This was due to some administrative issues, and whatnot.
Anyway! I like being free because now I can continue doing the things I was doing during the exam period, just with less guilt! Some of those things are;
- Shamelessly perusing Pinterest – Yeah.. you guys know by now that I have a slight obsession with Pinterest. I get inspiration EVERY DAY. It’s shaping me a lot. Here are some of my favorites lately:
- Shamelessly perusing WordPress/Blogs – I found so many blogs and read so many blog posts! I was commenting everywhere! Why was I so blog-productive during an exam period? I need to repent!
- I also did a lot of playing around with my layout and even re-vamped my ‘About’ page. Check it out here
- Shamelessly creating graphics on Canva – Did I ever tell you how much I love Canva? Here’s a taste of what I made:
- Writing up posts and taking down ideas – The amount of creativity that hit me this exam period was crazy! I had 1 exam each day for 4 days in a row last week, and in that week I came up with 10 posts! They’ll be making their way towards the blog, don’t you worry.
While I’ll be weighed down by anxiety due to calculating what I need to maintain a GPA above 3.5, I definitely have plans for this short break. In no particular order, these are:
- De-cluttering – This is the keyword for these holidays. The other day I really got overwhelmed by the amount of stuff cluttering up my room. I need space to think and be productive. I’m still inspired by this post by one of my favourite blogs, The Pearly Life. I want to re-arrange room, and my wardrobe especially! For the past 2 weeks, I’ve shared half my bed with several law textbooks & up to 50 loose sheets of paper used for notes & handouts. De-cluttering is SO needed!
- Blog Lovin’ – No, not the platform. I want to obsess over my blog in a guilt-free environment. I want to take photos and create content, not just on WordPress but also Instagram, Pinterest, etc. I especially want to get more creative writing done.
- Hair Done, Nails Did – Had my hair out for the past 3 weeks. I always take out whatever hairstyle I have when exams are near due to frustration. Might also paint my nails black. Can’t wait for a new hairstyle! Oh yes, makeup experimenting too!
- Preparation Preparation Preparation – Need to plan for next semester!
- Wardrobe Revamp: Not only do I want to de-clutter my wardrobe, I also want to sort it out in such a way that I have clothes which I definitely use. There are so many clothes I have which are lying around, useless. I want to also try my hand at more outfit posts, though I don’t consider myself ANYWHERE close to being a fashionista.
Anyways, that’s about it! What’s going on in your side of life? Any plans for personal development? If you want me to read your posts, just remind me below so I can visit!